On April 22, 2016, the developers of Counter-Strike, the company Valve, released an unusual update for CS:GO. In addition to technical, graphical and other changes in this package was presented an experimental project, called “Prime Matchmaking”, which allows players to create Prime Accounts. In this article we will look at what these accounts are and what they are for. We will also mention that if you have skins, you can use csgo.net.
What is a Prime Account in CS:GO
According to the developer’s official statement, Prime Matchmaking is an experiment to find out the answer to the question, “Would the selection of games in CS:GO improve if players who have a cell phone account were to be caught as opponents by other players?” With enough players getting a Prime Account, the selection will act to maximize the likelihood of such players getting caught in matches against each other. In other words, PA is designed to motivate a player to pump one strong account instead of creating many low-level “tweens”.
However, this does not mean that once you create a PA, you will only play with your own kind. It’s just that players with PA will be your priority when you pick them up, and therefore you’ll find cheaters and smurfs a lot less often. And this, in turn, ensures that you get more fun out of the game.
Thus, the benefits of participating in this experiment are obvious:
- Reducing the number of cheaters.
- Participation in a new experimental system of a competitive nature.
- More speed compared to other, “normal” players, picking.
By the conditional minus may include the fact that you can tie on the phone only one account. Well, perhaps the disadvantage is also quite a high level required to start PA. Although, it is a question of dispute.
How to get a Prime Account
When you have reached level 21 you will see an inscription “Prime Account Matchmaking” in the left top corner. Point and click on “More info”. Then there will be a window with information and a button “Upgrade”, when you click on it and will be tied profile CS:GO to the phone, which is specified in Steam. Read this information is not necessary, it has an introductory nature. That’s all, now you have Prime Account.
In conclusion, it should be noted a few points:
- Participation in this project is not mandatory. Nothing will change in the game besides the phone tie-in: No additional “pluses” are provided, at least for the time being.
- If you suddenly made a mistake with the choice of account for tethering or just decided to bind another, you are given 3 days to fix it.
- You can only use real phone numbers. Options like ip-telephony won’t work.
- Since this is, after all, an experiment, what it will lead to is currently unknown. Some experienced players advise not to procrastinate with tying, as it is possible that the conditions for getting a Prime Account may change over time.
In any case, it makes sense to participate in this project. First, it is aimed at improving the quality of the matching process. Secondly, based on reviews of more participants developers will be able to react quicker and fix possible “bugs”. If you also want to have access to skins, visit https://csgo.net/.